Strona 1 z 2 1 2 OstatniOstatni
Pokaż wyniki od 1 do 10 z 17

Wątek: kulaszne Cemetery

Mieszany widok

Domyślnie kulaszne Cemetery

Hi, it was suggested that i post my question in this forum.

A ancestor of mine is buried in Kulaszne. He was shot from eviction regulations in 1946. I know nothing further than that.

I was sent the photo below, but dont know where the cemetery is, or the name/address of the cemetery, or what army he was in, although i do have a closeup photo of him with his army uniform on.

My other Kuper ancestors should also be buried in Kulaszne, and i assume there would only be 1 cemetery their?

Bieszczadnik
    Na forum od

Domyślnie Odp: kulaszne Cemetery

Hi,

I've been there a few times, but to tell you the truth do not remember it too well. There is a new church ( here's the link to the artcile & a photo - unfortunately in Polish:http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kulaszne).

The old graveyard is located near this church which has been built on the place of the old one - it burnt in the 1970s. Driving there it is impossible to overlook it.

Among the names of the residents of the *****ge in the XIX century is also the name of your ancestor.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of help here, don't hesitate to ask

What would you like to know?

I will probably drive via the *****ge this weekend and can search or translate a bit.

Best regards:)
    Ostatnio edytowane przez vm2301 ; 25-07-2008 o 22:39

Domyślnie Re: kulaszne Cemetery

G'day,

Thankyou for your reply.

I can only assume Maksym Kuper & Wife, Katarzyna, Nee Waryszczak (My greatgrand parents) is buried in Kulaszne. Would like to find out if they are, or if any other Kupers are buried in the Cemetery.

Jan Kuper, was mentioned above, was shot due to Eviction regulations in 1946. I've not yet been able to find out how this kinda thing happened in 1946 - i thought the war was over in 1945?

The 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records indicate a Kuper family in Kulaszne for that year - so i can probably assume my ancestors go back to at least that date.

If you can see any Kupers Buried at the cemetery, a photo, or just to let me know whom it is and what the headstone says, would be fantastic as i'm researching my ancestors from Kulaszne.

I did click on the wikipedia link you gave (i use google translate, sometimes the translation comes up OK) , and down the bottom it gives a source - "jzefińskie metrics from the year 1785" - what is this, or is this information available on the net - i would like to see if it mentions any specific information about Kupers.

Many Thanks,
    Bobby.

Fotografik Roku 2010
    Fotografik Roku 2009
    Fotografik Roku 2008

Awatar bartolomeo
    Na forum od

Domyślnie Odp: Re: kulaszne Cemetery

Cytat Zamieszczone przez bobby Zobacz posta
    i thought the war was over in 1945?
    It means you have to read a lot about those times. One tip: do not judge too early.

As a starting point you can use an exception from the book "Cisna. Slownik Historyczno-Krajoznawczy" telling the story of Wetlina, other *****ge more or less in the same area as Kulaszne. Read only the "History" section, it's rather short. You'll find there the acronyms like NKWD, UPA and others. The history of all *****ges in that area after WWII was similar, I guess the story of Kulaszne was like the story of Wetlina.

This article will give you the idea how that's possible that your ancestor was shot in 1946 but it'll not explain the reasons. If you're interested you'll find a lot articles about post-war fights in todays south-eastern Poland. Read relations of both sides of the fights if you want to be neutral. It may be difficult, since your ancestor was shot then...

So, do the homework ;-) and in case of questions come back. We'll try to help you, but I'm afraid we'll not give you the answers to all the questions. We're rather tourists than historians.

Regards
    Bartek

PS. Some other addresses to visit: Operation Wisla, Lemkos
    Czterech panów B.

Bieszczadnik
    Na forum od

If I am at the place I'll take some photos or ask some people, no problem.

WW2 ended in 1945, later on there were fights involving Ukrainian nationalists - bloody and cruel mostly targeted at civilians.
    A book could be written - and many have. If you cannot find anything yourself on the Net I'll try to help you with some resources in English.

Metryki Józefińskie - briefly speaking it is the first in Poland (late 1780s) kind of land register or katastral records and according to Wikipedia that's the source of information about the land-owners in the area on the base of which they prepered the list of residents.
    I don't have the foggiest idea if it is available online and how easy it is to find it. But we can try.

In a moment I'm leavinfg for the Bieszczady and going to be back on Monday...with some info I hope

vm

Bartek,

I've readup on the links you have posted, thanks for that, its something i needed to do as you pointed out.

I have also subsequently posted off a few emails (within your suggested links)

The information given on the Wetlina page is pretty darn good (from a genealogical point of view). Whilst generally, i struggle to get more than a few short sentences about Kulaszne, i'm envious of what is contained on the Wetlina Page. Most interesting.

Thanks,
    Bobby.

Bieszczadnik
    Na forum od

..if you have not visited yet:

http://www.lemko.org/roots.html

http://www.lemko.org/lih/lemkorg.html

etc.

Greek Catholic priests from *****ges near Kulaszne:
    Jaroslaw Wienc
    Mokre 119, 38-542 Rzepedz

phone +48 (13) 462 90 21
    mobile + 48/ 691 960 077
    Andrzej Zuraw
    Komańcza 173

phone + 48 (13) 467 71 40
    (according to http://www.cerkiew.net )

You can also find Kulaszne on maps:
    http://tinyurl.com/3albc8 (contemporary)
    http://tinyurl.com/6l2hws (about 1935)

Kindest regards,

Kuba

Thankyou Kuba,

I have an article from September 2006, where a Greek Catholic (orthodox?) church burnt down in Komancza - is there more than one greek catholic church in the area?

Do you recommend i write to both priests? - its best i leave no stone unturned, but its good to get locals advice. Do you know what type of information the church keeps? (birth, marriage, death information?) Provided they have some information about my ancestors, is it likely that they give out this to the public?

Also, the lemko link you gave lists my Kuper ancestors on it... living in Kulaszne.

Many thanks,
    Bobby.

Bieszczadnik
    Na forum od

Domyślnie Odp: Re: kulaszne Cemetery

I have an article from September 2006, where a Greek Catholic (orthodox?) church burnt down in Komancza - is there more than one greek catholic church in the area?
    Originally built as a greek catholic,
    several years after world war II taken over by orthodox church
    (as the greek catholic church was illegal in Poland ruled by communists)
    now not far to be reconstructed:
    http://forum.bieszczady.info.pl/show...1978#post61978
    (greek catholics in Komancza have own new church now - but built also with elements of an old one from another *****ge)

There is still a number of east rite churches (tserkvas/tserkovs) in south east Poland,
    both: orthodox and greek catholic.
    (as well as former tserkvas used now by roman catholics
    ...and even by all 3 mentioned communities commonly)
    I've given you these contacts, as in Kulaszne there is a greek catholic parish.

Do you recommend i write to both priests? [...]type of information the church keeps? (birth, marriage, death information?)
    Normally they keep this range of information, however I realy don't know,
    whether parish books survived.
    (this area has really interesting history; maybe a bit to interesting)
    I am not sure, if the priest speak english, either
    - but I think, you should try to explore these sources.

And first of all - please study lemko.org carefully
    and consider contact Lemko's organizations in Poland mentioned there.

Good luck - kindest regards,

Kuba

Domyślnie Re: Odp: Re: kulaszne Cemetery

Cytat Zamieszczone przez jacob.p.pantz Zobacz posta
    And first of all - please study lemko.org carefully
    and consider contact Lemko's organizations in Poland mentioned there.
    Will do so...

Cytat Zamieszczone przez jacob.p.pantz Zobacz posta
    I am not sure, if the priest speak english, either
    - but I think, you should try to explore these sources.
    I'll send letters in Polish..

Many thanks,
    Bobby.

Informacje o wątku

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek

Aktualnie 1 użytkownik(ów) przegląda ten wątek. (0 zarejestrowany(ch) oraz 1 gości)

Zakładki

Zakładki

Uprawnienia umieszczania postów